Education Program Overview
Digital Nashville offers educational opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge of all things digital.
Get VIP Pricing on Education
As a digital professional you can both contribute to and benefit from your participation in our programs, as teachers in your own areas of proficiency and students in the expertise of others.
Save $10-$50 per class with DN+, or save twice that with DN++! (Learn More) More DN Education Resources...
The Well of Experience:
Whether you’re starting a business, running a business, or
trying to navigate or innovate within a business, we’ll match
you with experienced mentors who can provide you with valuable advice
Share Your Struggles:
We provide a forum for entrepreneurs, innovators, venture capitalists
and venture seekers to seek advice, exchange resources and discuss new
digital business ideas and technologies.
Forums & Focus Groups
offer members several tools for connecting with and learning from each
other directly. Great for sharing ideas, requesting advice, asking
questions, and providing answers and expertise, our forums and focus groups enable members to steer their own educational course and fully leverage the collective expertise of their digital colleagues.
Keeping You Current:
monthly newsletter provides a consolidated source of digital news,
education and updates delivered straight to your inbox. Each issue
includes original content authored by hand-picked local experts. You
don't have to be a member to sign up.
Edu in 140 Characters:
We use our twitter account as an education (not just marketing) tool.
We keep an eye out for educational news and information relevant to our
membership base, and then retweet it. Twitter's a content tool - so we
like to use it for real content. Follow us. Knowledge Library
Wiki-Style Knowledge Base: Our
CivicScope partnership provides members with a collaborative knowledge
library by and for members where Digital Nashvillians can upload, share
and demonstrate their expertise in all areas of digital media, content,
products and technology.
Education Series Pricing
Evening Education Series:
CEO Roundtable Series:
- DN++ Members: Always free
(our highest membership level). Want it free? Enroll in DN++
Members: $10 in advance, $20 at the door. Enroll in DN+
- Students: $10 in advance, $20 at door, free if event hosted at your school; current student ID required
- All tickets purchased at the door: $20 per person
- Workshop pricing varies by event. Past member discounts:
- DN++: Save up to $300
- DN+: Save up to $150
- Conference pricing is event-by-event. Past member discounts:
- Free tickets to Soundcrawl
- $150 off tickets to TN NEXT Conference
- $150 off tickets to the PHP Community Conference
- 50% off tickets to Nashville Startup Weekend
- $50 off tickets to Social Media & SEO Boot Camp
- $51 off tickets to the Billboard CMA Country Music Summit
- 40% off tickets to MobileX
- $90 off tickets to Social Fresh Nashville
- $75 off tickets to the Enterprise LAMP Summit
- $50 off tickets to Next Big Nashville
WELCOME TO DIGITAL NASHVILLE'S
about the latest technology and trends to power your business and career.
All proceeds benefit Digital Nashville fundraising in support of DN's educational programs.
Workshop Series – Digital's Nitty Gritty
Digital Nashville's workshop series features deep dive (and in some cases multi-day) hands-on training clinics (aka 'bootcamps') covering some of digital’s toughest and most important topics. Taught by experts in each field, workshop curriculum covers each topic in depth, and sessions are offered at multiple difficulty levels from beginner to advanced. This series is perfect for those looking for true training in these areas of digital. Have ideas for future topics or curriculum?
Let us know.
Roundtable Series –
Dine with Nashville's Business Leaders
Digital Nashville's Roundtable Series brings
key players from Nashville's diverse business community together with DN
members for intimate, small-group (limited to 10-12 attendees), highly
conversational breakfast and lunch sessions. You'll have the
opportunity to share a meal and lively discussion with these prominent
Nashville business leaders, who will share their backgrounds, insights,
experiences, advice and answers to just about any interesting questions
you may have. Each session is about an hour and a half. Lunch or breakfast and beverages are
provided and included with your registration.
Space Is Limited
first-come-first-serve, and events with insufficient pre-registrations
may be rescheduled. Tickets to the Roundtable Series must be purchased in advance (so we
can order food), and seats are limited to ensure an intimate,
conversational atmosphere. All proceeds from this event, like our other
education events, benefit DN fundraising in support of our education
programs and services.
- Oct 20, 2011: CEO Roundtable – Lunch with Hannah Paramore, President of Paramore, the Digital Agency
- Sep 20, 2011:
CEO Roundtable – Lunch with Tim Moses, Co-Founder & CEO of Sitemason
Jul 19, 2011:
CEO Roundtable – Lunch with Chris Ferrell, Founder & CEO of SouthComm
May 19, 2011:
CEO Roundtable – Lunch with Ed Braswell, CEO of edo Interactive
Feb 10, 2011:
CEO Roundtable – Lunch with David Bohan, Founder & CEO of BOHAN
Jan 13, 2011:
CEO Roundtable – Lunch with David Mason, CEO of StudioNow
Dec 7, 2010:
CEO Roundtable – Breakfast with
Scotte Hudsmith, Founder & CEO of Parental Health
Nov 2, 2010:
CEO Roundtable – Lunch with
Clint Smith, Co-Founder & CEO of Emma
Evening Education Series – Staying
Current in All Things Digital
Digital Nashville's monthly evening education series meets on weeknights
(usually on Wednesdays) and covers all sorts of interesting topics in
digital. Featuring a new speaker with each session, the speakers
selected are experts and practitioners in their fields. Example
topics: analytics, design/UX, digital marketing, mobile, programming &
development, entrepreneurship, digital music, social media, SEO/SEM, and
digital in the music business. Have an idea for a topic or
Let us know.
- Oct 12, 2011: Avoiding a Goat Rodeo: How to Get What You Want When Hiring a Developer to Build Your Website with Cal Evans
- May 26, 2011:
Website Smackdown hosted by DN & NAMA
Apr 27, 2011:
What’s New with Google? with
Dec 1, 2010:
Failing Fast, Often and Cheap: Launching Bob the Tomato's Next Big Thing with
Nov 10, 2010:
Social Media Unplugged: Everything Social Minus The Technology with
Oct 6, 2010:
Beyond Keywords - Search Marketing on the Edge with
Dan Golden & Steve Krull
Jul 14, 2010:
A Pastry Chef or Chocolatier: How Mobile Apps Are Changing The Face Of
The Music Business with
Drew Burchfield & Kurt Nelson
Jun 2, 2010:
A Look at Flash: History of Web Interaction and a Look at the Future with
Canceled due to floods
May 12, 2010:
What Have You Done To My Song? with
Canceled due to floods
May 5, 2010:
Taking Your I.P. from Idea to Execution: A Firsthand Account on Establishing Your Execution Strategy with
Apr 14, 2010:
Sponsorship in the Entertainment Space with
Kevin Brown, Joe Kustelski & Tawn Albright
Apr 7, 2010:
So You're Thinking of Creating a Startup? What It Takes to Find the Magic and Money to Succeed with
Mar 3, 2010:
Building Strong Strategy for More Successful Web Projects with
Feb 3, 2010:
Presenting Yourself, Your Business & Your Cause in 15 Minutes or Less with
Jan 13, 2010:
Digital Consumption & the Future of the Music Industry with
Jan 6, 2010:
Building Community in a Digital World - Put It This Way: How, When and Where to Reach Your Audience with
Nov 19, 2009:
Social Media 101 with
Kate O'Neill, co-hosted with the NTC
Nov 11, 2009:
Copyright and Trademark in 60 Minutes or Less with
Robin Mitchell Joyce
Nov 4, 2009:
Social Media: Finding the Reality in 2.0 Expectations with
Kate O'Neill [session slides]
Jul 2, 2009:
Design/UX: Design Principles and Expectations 2.0 with
May 21, 2009:
Try Some Open Source... Everybody’s Doing It with
Apr 30, 2009:
Mobile Marketing: The Now and the Future with
Mar 25, 2009:
From Political Trenches to Corporate Boardrooms - What Business Can Learn From Campaign Tactics with
Feb 19, 2009:
Analytics: The Nuts and Bolts of Web Optimization with
Video Series – Our Thought Leaders, Your Schedule
Digital Nashville's Thought Leader Interviews series presents video interviews of key digital players in Nashville and their perspectives on some of today’s most business-critical digital topics. Created to complement our live educational events, the series brings expert, real-world experience right to your computer. All of the interview videos are complimentary for members. We hope you enjoy another benefit of membership.
- Who's The Voice of Your Company's Twitter Feed? [1:16] – How should your Twitter tweet? Find the tone and voice of your company’s Twitter feed.
- What's the Next Big Thing? [1:33] – It’s shiny, it’s new. Delaney discusses the latest digital trends.
- Social Media, What's It Worth? [2:12] – The age-old question … how do you measure social media?
- Why New graduates Should Blog [1:09] – Ways new graduates can make themselves even more marketable.
- Death and Blogging [0:52] – Does your blog live on after you die? On this, we ponder.
- Use Social Media to Connect in the Flesh [2:40] – Bring out your customers by using social media.
- Not Just For The Young [3:36] – Think you need a young audience for a social media campaign? Think again.
- Twitter’s Beginning [2:26] – Hammock was there when Twitter was just a baby.
- Using Twitter to Enhance Live Conversations [3:25] – Use Twitter to get people more engaged in your event.
- Integrated Marketing [2:01] – Connect social media to your traditional advertising efforts.
- Ashley Heron, Senior Manager of Marketing – Lyric Street Records
- Marketing Through the Heavy User [1:41] – Make the heavy users of your product your de facto marketing department.
- Using Mobile to Go Direct to the Consumer [2:48] – Hear this case study of how to connect your brand to customers using mobile.
Partnering for Impact
Digital Nashville is proud to work collaboratively with
sister organizations and sponsors to support (plan, market or provide
speakers for) educational conferences throughout the year.
Past Conferences Supported
- Oct 2, 2011: Soundcrawl: Art of the Future
- May 5-6, 2011:
TN NEXT Conference
Apr 21, 2011:
PHP Community Conference
Apr 15-17, 2011:
Nashville Startup Weekend
Apr 9, 2011:
Jul 19, 2010:
Social Media & SEO BOOT CAMP
Jun 7-8, 2010:
CMA Billboard Country Music Summit
May 10-11, 2010:
Tennessee Innovation Conference and Venture Showcase
Mar 27, 2010:
Mar 21, 2010:
Jan 11, 2010:
Oct 17, 2009:
Oct 7-10, 2009:
Next Big Nashville
Mar 23, 2009:
Leadership Music Digital Summit
Oct 18, 2008: